Wednesday 24 September 2014

by Juli Scalzi


Lady Liberty

Description:

The Statue of Liberty is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in the middle of New York Harbor, in Manhattan, New York City. The statue is of a robed female figure representing Libertas, the Roman goddess of freedom, who bears a torch and a tabula ansata (a tablet evoking the law) upon which is inscribed the date of the American Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776. A broken chain lies at her feet. The statue is an icon of freedom and of the United States: a welcoming signal to immigrants arriving from abroad.

Taken from a New York City sightseeing harbor cruise of Manhattan. If you ever happen to find yourself in New York with a couple hours to spare, this is a great way to experience the sights of New York.


Statue Of Liberty

Description:

The Statue of Liberty is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in the middle of New York Harbor, in Manhattan, New York City. The statue is of a robed female figure representing Libertas, the Roman goddess of freedom, who bears a torch and a tabula ansata (a tablet evoking the law) upon which is inscribed the date of the American Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776. A broken chain lies at her feet. The statue is an icon of freedom and of the United States: a welcoming signal to immigrants arriving from abroad.

Taken from a New York City sightseeing harbor cruise of Manhattan. If you ever happen to find yourself in New York with a couple hours to spare, this is a great little cruise!




About Juli:

What can I say . . . I am totally obsessed with photo taking and the art of processing the image. I love using my photograph as a canvas and then adding textures, digital paints or a blend of multiple images to create my final piece. And my favorite subject? Well, whatever tickles my fancy at the moment. I have dabbled in photography for quite a few years starting with my Pentax K1000 manual film camera and creating my prints in the darkroom. Now my equipment is a Nikon D80 camera and Adobe Photoshop and I love the endless possibilities that can be created with them.

My works have been featured at Anam Cara Living Arts Studio & Gallery and Bell Studio/Gallery in Denver, Colorado. Various prints and photo art cards of mine are sold at The Marketplace, a local boutique in Colorado. My image 'Enchanted. Blatislava' was on exhibit at the 1650 Gallery & Studio in Los Angeles, California, as part of their juried exhibit called Wanderlust Travels Near and Far. 'Pretty in Pink' and 'Ski Colorado' were published in 'Eye on Fine Art Photography' magazine.

I am also a contributing photographer for several stock photography agencies.

Thank you for stopping by. Please feel free to take a peek through my artwork. Would love to hear your thoughts on what you see.

Please Click On The Picture Links Above For More Information



Denver, CO - United States

No comments:

Post a Comment